History of changes: New features and improvements, bug fixes
September 10th, 2021: JChem for Office 20.19.5 - LTS Gallium.5 release
Marvin/JChem 20.19.5 used.
- Structures have not been deleted after pressing the Delete keyboard button, only after refreshing the Excel sheet with scrolling, clicking to another cell or the Show/Hide button.
- Structures were not visible in Print Preview and were not printed out to documents or paper format.
June 14th, 2021: JChem for Office 20.19.4 - LTS Gallium.4 release
Marvin/JChem 20.19.4 used.
May 5th, 2021: JChem for Office 20.19.3 - LTS Gallium.3 release
Marvin/JChem 20.19.3 used.
- We discovered an XXE vulnerability in several ChemAxon products, that has been fixed. Although JChem for Office is not affected, we strongly advise our customers to upgrade to the latest available version of ChemAxon products
- JChem for Office didn't work with bundle license keys.
- In some cases, when a structure was copied from Marvin Sketch to Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook, structures were not visible and a black rectangle was pasted.
- Conversion of ISIS/Symyx for Excel, ChemDraw for Excel, Accord for Excel or Insight for Excel workbooks could fail if any of the worksheets contained non-continuous ranges.
- Conversion of the workbooks containing ISIS OLE objects could failed in some special cases.
- Paste from MarvinSketch into Word or PowerPoint after a File or DB Import, or after an Add Properties action resulted in an incorrect image.
- When copying a structure from Marvin java to JChem for Word, PowerPoint and Outlook the size of the pasted structure increased if it has been done more times after the same copy action.
- Structure display in JChem for Excel has been improved in cases when multiple monitors are attached to the same computer and the Windows scaling option of the external monitor is above 150%-175% and structures were floating away from their original cells..
February 21st, 2021: JChem for Office 20.19.2 - LTS Gallium.2 release
Marvin/JChem 20.19.2 used.
- The process of the hosting application was not terminated after the application was closed, when Stereo options in Marvin was changed anything other than "None".
November 2nd, 2020: JChem for Office 20.19.1 - LTS Gallium.1 release
Marvin/JChem 20.19.1 used.
A new conversion action has been implemented in JChem for Excel to convert HELM representation to structure and vice versa the peptide structure to the HELM representations. This is provided for users who have access to the Biomolecule Toolkit. The new action can be made accessible for the users with the customization of the ribbon.
JChem for Excel File Converter Tool related
- Excel files containing Marvin OLE, ISIS OLE and ChemDraw OLE objects can be converted to an Excel file format , where the structures can be edited with JChem for Excel, with the preferred editors. This can be done with the standalone JChem for Excel file converter tool for multiple files at the same time and also in an opened file directly in JChem for Excel with a right-click menu option.
- New parameters for the HELM to Structure conversions has been introduced in JChem/Options. Enable Explicit Hydrogens, Expand Branching Amino Acids and Expand Non-natural Amino Acids options can be set to True or False.
- The Biomolecule Toolkit webservice now gives a more user friendly error when the connection fails.
- The conversion action introduced in 20.10 version of JChem for Excel (to convert HELM representation to peptide structure and vice versa) is now able to handle the Biomolecule Toolkit with secure https connections.
JChem for Excel File Converter Tool related
- Now an error message informs the user when a component is missing for conversion of a file from Insight for Excel to JChem for Excel format.
JChemExcel Functions Handling
- JCFunctions.xla handling on 32-bit Microsoft Office versions has been improved: now it is placed both to C:\Program Files (x86)\ChemAxon and C:\Program Files\ChemAxon folders during installation. This way the path of JCFunctions.xla will be the same on 32 and 64-bit Microsoft Office environments.
- The functionality of the Restore Defaults button has been improved: the user can select to restore all options to default or only options on the currently used page.
- Now a warning message appears when the user presses the Apply Display button on a structure, which has CDX, CDXML or SKC format and the selected Molecule Structure Renderer is not Marvin. The message informs the user that Marvin rendering will be used.
- When pasting the same structure to Powerpoint multiple times, the structures are now pasted to exactly the same location but in a slightly shifted way to be able to visualize the difference between the different structures.
Windows and Office updates related
- Unable to construct Marvin editor control error message has been fixed in all test environments in the following cases:
- when pressing Add ribbon button or double-clicking on a structure in JChem for Word/Outlook/Powerpoint in case of the "Optimize for best appearance" User Interface option
- when double-clicking on the structure query window in Import from Database/Query dialog in JChem for Word/Outlook/Powerpoint in case of the "Optimize for best appearance" User Interface option
- In those user environments where the issue caused by the Office update , which was fixed in 20.9.0 was reproducible because of another Office update, has been fixed.
- After an Office update, editing a structure resulted in the increase of the structure size in JChem for Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Nothing has been pasted when copying/pasting multiple structures with data from JChem for Excel to JChem for Word/Powerpoint/Outlook with Ctrl+C-Ctrl+V. (JChem ribbon's Copy-Paste buttons have been working independently from this issue.)
- Copying a single structure from JChem for Excel to JChem for Word, Powerpoint or Outlook with Ctrl+C-Ctrl+V Office was not taking over structure display properties, and the structure was pasted with default settings.
- When copying a structure from MarvinSketch java or .NET to JChem for Office (Word, Powerpoint or Outlook), those Display and Scale settings were loaded in JChem for Office during editing, which were specified in MarvinSketch even after pressing the Display and/or Scale JChem ribbon buttons.
- When copying a structure from MarvinSketch java or .NET to JChem for Office (Word, Powerpoint or Outlook), those Display and Scale settings were loaded in JChem for Office during editing, which were specified in MarvinSketch even after pressing the "Display" and/or "Scale" JChem ribbon buttons.
Import (from Database and File)
- There was an error when importing from databases , which had more than one "JChemProperties" table. The issue happened in all JChem for Office applications.
- When importing only structure and ID from an SDFile, with ID set to Use as Identifier with Transpose option gave an error.
- After importing a file with structures and data into a Powerpoint slide, the structures were hanging out from the table cell after editing.
- In JChem for Word and Outlook only 6 records and its multiples have been imported with default, "All in one table" layout.
Structure Drawing related
- When changing the structure display option in JChem for Excel/Options had no effect on structure display in Editor Pane.
- "Confirmation on change" check-box was not working properly in Editor Pane.
- A MarvinSketch .NET form resizing problem was fixed in ChemAxon .NET API. The issue has occurred in certain external applications.
- It was not possible to add a reaction to a document using version 20.12 (it worked fine in 20.11 and before)
- The recognition of the path of JCFunctions.xla has been improved in those cases when the file has been created previously with an Excel having different bit-versions from the one currently launched by the user (32-bit vs 64-bit versions of Microsoft Excel/Office).