To set a service, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to Edit > Preferences.
![Opening the preferences dialog](img src="images/download/attachments/1805806/Set_a_Service_s1.png)
- Select the Services tab.
- Click Add New service (+ icon).
- Specify the options below and click Accept.
- Service type: Select the type of service you want to use in MarvinSketch.
- Service name: Enter the service name. This name will be shown on the Services tab and under Tools > Services menu.
- Service description: Describe the relevant service; it will appear as a brief help in a pop-up box (optional).
- To apply the service to a molecule, click Services, and select the newly added function.
See the Services Tab section for information about which user actions are available for the added services.