Position Variation in MarvinSketch
You can create a variable point of attachment (position variation) to represent a variable connection point to a group of atoms.
The representation is similar to the multi-center bonds.
The alternative attachment points are displayed with a gray shadow. If you move the cursor to the center (the bond ending in the ring) the represented atoms are highlighted (blue circle around the atom labels).
To draw position variation, follow the steps below.
- Draw the structure that includes the position variation.
- Select the alternative connection point atoms.
- Click Structure > Add > Position Variation Bond from the main menu or Add > Position Variation Bond from the contextual menu. The alternative attachment points are highlighted by a gray shadow and a bond is drawn in the center.
- Edit the bond if required. The atoms are displayed with a gray shadow and the bond length is increased.
- Repeat Steps 2–4 to draw more position variation bonds.