The server side consists of three components: the crawler, the database and the web server. For optimal performance these components are running on separate machines. However, if a simpler architecture is desired for evaluation purposes and limited usage is expected, they can be combined on a single or two machines with appropriate resources.
Software requirements, crawling server
- OS: Linux preferred, Windows also OK
- Java: Oracle JRE 1.6+
Software requirements, database server
- Oracle 11g for the database with JChem Oracle Cartridge installed
Hardware requirements, crawling server
- Depends mainly on the number and size of documents initial crawled and added or modified in each period
- At least 4 cores are recommended
- 4-8 GB RAM or more
- 500 MB disk space for the application
Hardware requirements, database server
- data storage disk space requirements highly depend on the number of structures, approximately 3-4 GB for 1 M structures
Software and Hardware requirements, web interface (server and client)
The web interface is provided by Plexus Connect. Please consult its requirements.