The figure below shows the default layout of the MarvinSketch user interface.
MarvinSketch functions can be accessed through interaction with the following primary components:
- Menus bar: It is located at the top of the frame and contains the menu titles.
- Canvas: This is the main area where chemical structures, queries, and reactions are drawn.
- General toolbar: This toolbar contains buttons for frequently used commands.
- Tools: Contains basic elements for structure drawing like bond, chain, reaction arrow, graphics, and so on.
- Atoms: Location of the most frequent atom types and the Periodic Table button.
- Advanced Templates: This special toolbar is a container of structure templates.
- Status bar: Shows file status, contains navigation buttons and the dimension button.
The Status bar appears at the bottom of the frame, and unlike toolbars, it cannot be customized or moved.
Some buttons of the Status bar appear dynamically when you invoke the corresponding command, for example, enabling multi-page molecular documents.